What ages do you enroll?
We accept ages 5 and older.
What martial arts style or discipline should I study?
We are privileged to offer some of the world’s most outstanding and well rounded martial arts.
Choosing which style is appropriate for your goals and expectations can be confusing. As such, our highly qualified staff is available to help you make an informed decision.
Do I need to set up an appointment or can I just stop by at any time?
You are welcomed to visit our school at any time without an appointment.
However, making an appointment will assure that our schedule is clear so we can best assist you.
When can I sign up?
We accept enrollment of new students at any time during any month. Our programs are structured to
introduce new students to their class(es) at any time.
We offer FREE trial classes for any of our arts. Participating in a free class is the BEST way see first hand if that style is right for you.
How long does it take to get a black belt?
It depends on the art you take. The following times are based on averages when a students attends two classes per week and trains at home an additional two or more days a week.
The minimum time to get a black belt in Taekwondo and Gumdo in approximately 2 years.
The minimum time to get a black belt in Hapkidois 34 months.
The minimum time to get a black belt equivalent in Tai Chi is no less than 2+ years.
Does your school participate in martial arts tournaments?
We currently have no competition team. However, if a student wishes to participate in tournaments our instructors can advise.
Our schools main emphasize is on the traditional martial arts programs.
What do I need to get started?
After you decide which discipline you want to study, all you need to do is enroll. We have several enrollment options for you to choose from.
Information in Choosing a Quality Martial Arts School
• Visit the School – Shop and compare by visiting several martial arts schools in your area before committing to one. Without directly witnessing classes in action, meeting the Instructors, making sure the school is clean and suits your needs, etc, you cannot adequately judge if the martial arts school is right for you.
• Safety of the Children – Makes sure the programs are designed for your child’s safety. Premature training which incorporates undue stress and potential damage to your child’s joints, etc, as well as the use of traditional weapons are best avoided until the child has the mental and physical maturity to handle such.
• Observe the Students – Compare schools by observing the quality of students techniques, mannerism, and overall ethics.
•Observe the Art – Make sure you carefully observe and ask questions about the martial arts you are interested in. This will help you make an informed decision on whether or not the art is actually right for you.
• Avoid “Belt Factories” – Schools that promote students before they have the technical and mental skill appropriate for their rank are considered “Belt Factories” and are mainly interested in making a profit over your martial arts education well being. In addition, schools that have a lot of different belt colors are usually doing this to make money by selling belts and have little substance or meaning in the colors they use.
• Price– Price is a strong factor in any purchasing decision. While price is important, you should also consider value. Does the school have a large amount of fixed costs such as an overly large facility or amenities that do not add value directly to your training, such as an aerobics room, or large meeting rooms, etc? While these items may be “nice”, they can inflate the amount of tuition charged unnecessarily.
In the final analysis, the school should have sufficient space to accommodate the students and the proper equipment required for training. The school should not pass on unnecessary fixed costs which inflate tuition price. Is 400 square feet of space that you probably won’t use actually worth and extra $50.00 or more a month to you?
Do you want to learn in a class of 50 students or 20, etc?
NOTE: For extensive details on other important aspects regarding this topic please check HERE
CLICK HERE to view various Articles you might find useful…